Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ode to My In-Laws!

My in-laws were very obvious in the distaste of me with Jon in the beginning of our relationship even when we first got married nearly four years ago. Though over the last four years out relationship has improved dramatically. I am so thrilled that my father-in-law Jim is making a bunk bed w/trundle for us. You know how cool it is going to be to have a homemade bed by Grandpa! For June and our adoptive kids. He also made June a functional wooden high chair for her "babies" and it is gorgeous! My mother-in-law Novena makes June a whole bunch of skirts and toys and has even start making felt foods, tonight we got some felt potato chips, lol. I am so lucky to have them as my in-laws even if we don't agree on some stuff they aren't that judgmental and are open to learning about why we do stuff which means a lot.

No comments: