Thursday, December 11, 2008

We Buried Casey Today

At 1:30pm we laid her down to rest in her final spot. I realize the her soul is in heaven and it was just her physical being but it was so hard to handle today. I had to make sure she was okay in her coffin after the ride up so I knew she was perfect. Then the people placing her in the ground moved the casket weird and I had to check again before they finally placed her in the ground. I feel as though I am slightly going crazy. It was just really hard realizing that She would have been three weeks old today but instead we buried her.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Feeling crazy has got to be the most normal thing in the world right now, Brandy.

Your life will forever be filled with those would-have-beens. She would have been one today. Today would have been her first day of kindergarten. She would have graduated from high school this month. It's terribly sad, but in a way it's her way of reminding you, and everyone else, that she was here.

My earthy momma odyssey said...

I can't imagine the grief you are going through. I am so sorry, so so sorry.